Tuesday 1 May 2012

My new bike

I have just got in from my first proper cycle on my new bike. When I say 'proper cycle' I don't mean long,
I just mean on main roads, where you need to watch out for pot holes and idiotic drivers. My brother found
this bike at a rubbish dump and has done it up for me. It has a new saddle, new handle bar tape, wheels and
brakes. I am not used to cycling a bike with drop handle bars and anyone who has experienced the change will know,
it is pretty scary. I hated it at first, but now, I absolutely love it. I can't actually describe how amazing
it is to ride. It is so fast and light.

I also have to admit I quite enjoyed feeling less 'girlie'. I think drivers maybe see you differently when you're
on that sort of bike, I don't think that is necessarily a good thing or fair, but I enjoyed having a little more power!
I also thought it would be hard to wear a skirt or dress with the crossbar being so high but I managed fine today with
a shortish dress on. So, yeah pretty much, I am in love with my new bike.