Monday 16 April 2012

P A P E R C U T

Papercut is a magazine shop in Stockholm. It is one of the most amazing shops I have ever been in.
I had read about it on another blog before I left and immediately knew I had to go. I was completely
astounded by the selection of magazines and books they had. There was very little that didn't interest
me. I was predominately interested in the Fashion magazines but there were also great interior magazines
as well as music, art and food reads. The shop itself was lovely too. Polished concrete floors, wooden ceilings,
white walls and it was very well lit. It reminded me of a library. There were people reading and there was no
pressure to make a purchase. I of course, bought quite a lot. I am grateful I had a baggage limit or else I
may have spent all my money in this shop.

I wish we had something like this in Glasgow. Being able to buy slightly more obscure fashion magazines
from all around the world is a real luxury. It is so different from looking at an on line version
or looking a scans on a blog. These magazines are like books, if I spend money on them I look after them
and go back and look at them again and again. I plan to keep these forever. It will be so interesting to,
one day, look back at them all and remember fashion and design at this point in time.









P A P E R C U T
Krukmakargatan 24-26
118 51 Stockholm

Papercut