Wednesday 13 June 2012

Modern Masters // Good Press

A few weeks ago I went along to Mono where Good Press gallery put on a
group show of original works on paper from both UK and International artists.
The way the work was displayed was perfect. It was all grouped together tightly
with only a few centimetres between each piece. I think having such
contrasting, clashing artworks placed so closely together worked really well.
It definitely made me examine each one more thoroughly.

After a couple of hours of being able to take in the exhibition a few tables
were moved and suddenly a perfect space appeared for night of music. Cru Servers,
Ben Butler & Mousepad and Tonstartssbandht all played. They were all very
different but all excellent and very appropriate to the night. I danced a
little and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I would like more nights like this.