Sunday 15 July 2012

The Butterfly and The Pig

This afternoon I went for Afternoon Tea at The Butterfly and The Pig.
My friend was treating her Gran and asked me and another friend along
to join them. It was such a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

The decor of the Tea Rooms is rather regal and old fashioned, which I
think is exactly what you want when going for Afternoon Tea. I want to
be reminded of how women used to dine many years ago. My friends Gran had
a wonderful time, she looked amazing too. We all agreed she looked far cooler
than any of us. She had on a beautiful pastel stripped cotton top with grey
buttons down one side, with a grey high waisted tweed skirt and a burgundy
woolen cardigan. I hope, when I am an older lady I still take such pride in
my appearance.

We were all very impressed with the huge selection of cakes and sandwiches
that were served on delicate, floral china cake stands. There was more than enough
for all of us, in fact, we couldn't finish it all so took some away in a goody bag.

I now want to take my own Gran here for a treat. I would be surprised if
any woman wouldn't enjoy a visit to The Tea Rooms.






The Butterfly and The Pig